When taking a trip into New York City, the hardest decision for visitors to make is often which restaurant to go to. Whether you are planning a business meeting, going out on a romantic date, or spending a day with friends, there are thousands of restaurants in NYC to choose from. No matter your preferences, you are guaranteed to find a dining establishment that appeals to your tastes.
From casual dining to upscale restaurants, here is a list of our favorites:
- The Wheeltapper Pub. Sit outside on the patio, near the fireplace, or at one of this pub’s two bars. Owned by John Fitzpatrick and located in Midtown, this restaurant offers delicious pub food, tunes, and pints, surrounded by old Gaelic signs.
- Carmine’s. This family-style restaurant located in Times Square serves traditional Southern Italian cuisine. Artie Cutler designed the restaurant with a desire to bring huge sized portions of savory Italian food to the tables of families.
- Masa. At this supreme sushi restaurant, where the bar is made from a rare $60,000 piece of Japanese hinoki wood, the food just melts in your mouth. Though a whole meal may reach a whopping $500, Masa has been a must-go-to destination for sushi lovers since it opened on the fourth floor of the Time Warner Center.
- La Sirène. Enjoy the ambiance and music while appreciating a classic French dish at this authentic bistro in Soho. Tables may be reserved online and you may BYOB, except on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Salinas. You can experience some of Spanish culture at this tapas-style dining restaurant. A major part of the culture consists of individuals going from bar to bar enjoying drinks and tapas, small Spanish dishes. The garden out back also offers a cozy and relaxing vibe.
This list can be handy to have when visiting NYC, no matter what else you are there for. You may be with business associates in need of a light lunch to discuss work issues. You may be on a first date looking for a restaurant that will impress. Or you may be viewing the city from above on an NYC helicopter tour, wondering where to eat with your friends afterward. Whatever the case may be, these restaurants are our absolute favorites, and aren’t only restaurants with great food and atmosphere, but ones that are meant to be enjoyed with great company.